With the widespread legalization of recreational and medical marijuana across different U.S states, demand for cannabis products is rising. This has further struck fierce competition among different retail dispensary stores. A driving factor that can bring in more revenue for retailers is the customer experience they choose to offer. Hence, every store should work towards creating a comfortable and enjoyable shopping environment for marijuana users.
There are some key strategies that companies can focus on to improve their customer experience. Read on to learn more about them.
Why Does Customer Satisfaction Matter?
Customer experience is one of the building blocks of running a successful cannabis business. Catering to customer’s needs and demands will lead to:
- Increased sales and revenue
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Recurring customers
- Referral to their friends, family, and even colleagues
Did you know a customer with a satisfying shopping experience with your brand can contribute 14 times more profit than a customer with an unsatisfactory experience? In fact, studies have shown that nearly 82% of consumers who go through an unpleasant experience are likely to not collaborate with that business again.
Here’s How Dispensaries Can Enhance Customer Experience
#1 Enhance the In-Store Experience:
One of the most effective ways dispensaries can make an impression on their clients is by enhancing their in-store experience. This includes:
- Product Collection: Cannabis shops should constantly adapt to their customer’s preferences and offer a vast collection of products. For instance, cannabis edibles, concentrates, flowers, CBD oils, and topicals are a few products that should already be on the top shelves. Retailers need to stay relevant in this ever-growing marijuana market.
- A Safe and Warm Environment: Consumers now prioritize a safe and healthy shopping environment, especially after the coronavirus pandemic. And that’s the reason why more and more people are switching to online shopping. So, if you have a physical store, make sure to create a warm, safe, and helpful environment so that people would want to shop from your store.
#2 Invest in a POS System
Most dispensary owners today invest in a point-of-sale system (POS) to streamline their business operations. Having an all-inclusive POS system like posabit helps facilitate payments and manage sales, inventory, and customers – all at one time. Besides, it helps you extract customer data and other necessary information, which can help you provide your customers with personalized shopping experiences. Moreover, having an integrated POS system allows you to manage different processes and make informed business decisions.
#3 Have a Knowledgeable Staff
Dispensaries should have knowledgeable and helpful staff who can easily take up customer queries and provide them with the best solution. This includes educating the customers about product selection, the amount of cannabis concentrations in them, the right dosage for their health condition, and a lot more. If needed, give proper training to your budtenders on how to upsell products and give an overview of different products.
Over the last few decades, more and more retailers have made their way into the cannabis markets to derive profit and upscale their business. With so many options available to the consumer, dispensary owners should focus on providing something ‘unique’ that sets them apart from the competition.